Thursday, May 13, 2021

Three dead in Ogun gas explosion

 An infant and two other persons yesterday died in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, when a gas component of a faulty refrigerator exploded.

The Nation

The blast resulted in a fire which burnt the three persons to death.

A technician was repairing the fridge when the accident occurred, it was learnt.

The three got burnt after they were trapped and unable to escape after the gas cylinder exploded.

“In the process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking and there came an explosion,” a source said.

The Director of Fire Service, Ogun State, Fatai Adefala, who confirmed the incident to newsmen, said his men responded to the emergency and put out the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment